Welcome to nursing and to Nexus Nursing Institute advice and resources for surviving your first year as a new nurse! You’ve worked hard to complete your education and training and now you are ready to enter the nursing workforce. Nexus Nursing Institute is here to help you as you transition into practice as a new nurse. Your free membership will bring you the latest evidence-based content from over 70 peer-reviewed nursing journals, including American Journal of Nursing and Nursing 2018! Explore the new nurse resources on this page for strategies, advice, and tips to guide you through your first months on the job.
Preparing for & taking the NCLEX
- Student spotlight: Gear up for NCLEX success
- Free Breath sounds: Test your knowledge
- Buy Lippincott Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN
- Buy A prescription for NCLEX-RN success
- Advice for new grads: How to get great references from faculty
- Buy Calling all job seekers: Seven steps to success
- Buy Securing your first clinical nursing position
- Free Ace your job interview!
- Free Savvy answers to tough interview questions
- Free Legal Dos and Don’ts in Job Interviews
- Nursing Orientation: What to know for your job search
- Buy A residency program for novice nurses
- Buy Original Research: The Transition to Practice
- Buy Evaluation of an Online Orientation Program for New Healthcare Employees
- Buy Residency for Transition Into Practice: An Essential Requirement for New Graduates From Basic RN Programs
Keys to success
- Cognitive stacking: Strategies for the busy RN
- Free Shhhhh…Listen
- Free Are you a critical thinker?
- Free 3 Communication Principles
- Resolve conflict with style
- Buy Bullying—be the change
- Free Generations in Harmony
- Free Everybody wins with multidisciplinary team
- Are you a member of your professional organization?
- Buy Creating a Credible and Ethical Curriculum Vitae
- Free Evidence-based Practice: Improving Practice, Improving Outcomes
- Free Developing a Professional Nursing Portfolio
- Free Lessons learned from litigation: Maintaining professional boundaries